HERBS As Medicine
Cooking with herbs is an easy way to add flavor and boost your overall nutrition and health. Herbs can be used in just about everything: juice, soup, salad, sauce, sautéed veggies, or use on seafood/meat dishes. Experimenting is often the easiest way to get comfortable cooking with herbs. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Parsley – Lessens bloating, water retention, may block growth of tumors.
- Basil – Reduces depression (1/8 cup of day for 3 days will boost serotonin and dopamine).
- Cilantro – Aids joint Pain, depression, fatigue, rids body of heavy metals, lowers blood sugar, and cholesterol.
- Dill – Kills bad bacteria, helps digestion, gas, and stomach issues. Very effective at ridding body of E-Coli, similar to an antibiotic. Makes a great sauce with yogurt, dill, and cucumber!
- Mint – Promotes digestion, soothes the stomach of indigestion or inflammation, helps with nausea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and relief from headaches. Makes very refreshing drinks, adds flavor to summer salads.
- Rosemary – Boosts brain power.
- Oregano – Fights inflammation.
*Chop and freeze extra fresh herbs in ice cube trays. Add into drinks, soups or stews!
Leave a Reply