If you have followed my advice to eat real food, manage blood sugars and have fun with ferments, you are right on track!
So what else?
Avoid These Dirty Dozen:
1. Artificial sweeteners; aspartame, sucralose, etc. Causes brain tumors and much more. (Documentary – “Sweetened Misery”)
2. MSG (monosodium glutamate, maltodextrin). This causes blood brain barriers, causes damage to the brain. ex. processed foods.
3. GMO (genetically modified organisms). Scary experiment. ex. soy, corn, canola.
4. Soy – Hormone disruptor – reduce sperm, wreak havoc on menstral cycle. Impossible to grow without pesticides..
5. Corn – little nutrition, GMO crop.
6. Caffeine – not great if trying to conceive, can be damaging to developing eggs and can effect the way genes turn on and off. If you can’t live without, choose a local coffee brewer that uses high quality beans, as not all coffee beans are created equal! (green tea is not a fertility food – it does have caffeine but has polyphenols. Probably could consume a little of lighter green tea – gemeicha).
7. Decaf products – takes heavy hexane chemicals to pull caffeine out.
8. Alcohol – not the best for developing eggs, sperm production. Consume in moderation.
9. HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) – insulin resistance in a can!
10. Hydrogenated oil – hydrogen added to oil to increase shelf life, most processed food have hydrogenated oil.
11. Preservatives – “embalming food,” it looks alive after shelf life.
12. Wheat – hard on digestive system, not much nutrition and gluten intolerance is on the rise..
-Teecino for coffee
-Caffeine free rooisbos tea
-Lots of creative herbal teas online
-Chewing gym with xylitol – prevents plaque on teeth, doesn’t increase blood sugar.
-Vinegar – consume with our greens to absorb. Balsamic, Rice, Apple Cider Vinegar.
Foods Turn a Switch on Our Genes:
-We’re learning from the field of epi-genetics that foods affect gene expression. What we eat affects the expression of genes.
-What a woman does prior and during pregnancy affects her baby and her grandchild.
-Poor food choices play a role in the AAA epidemic (Autism, Allergies, Asthma) that we see in children today.
-Nourishing our bodies and our genetic material turns on good genes.